Silicon Express, Inc. [SLX] is a trucking and transportation company founded by a well-known technology entrepreneur, Tom Ash based in Silicon Valley San Francisco Bay Area. Silicon Express started with a few trucks to support California’s growing construction industry. The company has grown into one of the fastest growing transportation companies in the US.
Who We Are
Silicon Express, Inc., one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America, provides safe and reliable transportation services to a diverse group of customers throughout the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Vietnam, China and India. Utilizing an integrated, multimodal approach, we provide capacity-oriented solutions centered on delivering customer value and industry-leading service.
Where We Operate
Our service offerings include transportation of full truckload freight, which we directly transport utilizing our company-controlled revenue equipment and company drivers or independent contractors. We also have arrangements with most of the major North American rail carriers to transport truckload freight in containers and trailers.
What We Do
- Full Truckload Transportation
- Container & Trailer Transportation
- Customized Freight Transportation
- Revenue Equipment
- Customized Labor & System Services
- Dedicated Contract Services (DCS): DCS operations typically provide customized services that are governed by long-term contracts and currently include dry-van, flatbed, temperature-controlled, dump trailers and local inner-city operations
- Intermodal (SEI): The SEI segment began operations with a partnership with Minelani Trucking, Inc. Essentially, SEI draws on the intermodal (also known as “container on flatcar”) services of rail carriers for the underlying linehaul movement of its equipment and performs the pickups and deliveries (“drayage”) for customers at the origin and destination rail terminal locations. Directly provides drayage service at either the origin or destination rail ramp using company-controlled tractors or may purchase these services from third parties.
- Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS): This segment includes full truckload, dry-van freight using non-company assets operating over roads and highways. ICS also features a suite of specialty transportation services including Less than Truck Load (LTL), Refrigerated, Power Only, International, and Flatbed.
- Truckload: This segment includes full truckload, dry-van freight using company-controlled tractors operating over roads and highways.
How We Do It
Our ability to offer multiple services, utilizing our four business segments and a full complement of logistics services through third parties, represents a competitive advantage. We believe this unique operating strategy can add value to customers and increase our profits and returns to stockholders.